Katten will host "ICANN in 2014: From London to Los Angeles, and Beyond" at 12:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, August 28. Partner Brian Winterfeldt will lead this webinar addressing key takeaways from the ICANN 50 meeting recently held in London, what to expect at the upcoming ICANN 51 meeting that will take place in Los Angeles in October, and various other Internet policy matters of interest to brand owners, registry operators and other Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) stakeholders. The panel will discuss the following topics:
- unresolved new generic top-level domain (gTLD) issues, such as namespace collision, reserved names lists and protected acronyms;
- highlights from the Expert Working Group report on next-generation gTLD directory services;
- ICANN accountability and next steps for the transition of Internet Assigned Numbers Authority functions;
- updates from the High Level Government Meeting and the Governmental Advisory Committee Communiqué at ICANN 50; and
- important issues to follow during ICANN 51.
To view a recording of the webinar, click here.