Trusts and Estates practice head Joshua Rubenstein will co-present "Cross-Border Mental Capacity Issues" during the International Wealth Advisors Forum on Thursday, May 5 at 10:40 a.m. The presentation will discuss:
- types of incapacity (e.g., temporary, indefinite, permanent);
- different standards of capacity (e.g., testamentary, trust, contract, marriage);
- types of surrogate decision makers (e.g., attorneys in fact, guardians);
- standards of surrogate decision making (e.g., substituted judgment, best interests);
- how powers of attorney can be used cross-border;
- how to overcome issues of incapacity for multi-jurisdictional assets;
- grounds to challenge wills (e.g., capacity, execution, fraud, undue influence, duress); and
- how might laws change to simplify the issues.
For more information about this event, click here.