Chris DiAngelo, managing partner of Katten's New York office, will participate in the "Impact of COVID-19 on the Securitization Markets, Rulemaking, Regulatory Environment and more" panel at 10:15 a.m. (ET) on Wednesday, November 4. Panelists will discuss:
- Exigent Circumstances, Section 13(3) of the Federal Reserve Act, and Dodd-Frank Sections 1101 and 1103.
- Analysis of the Fed's actions in response to COVID-19 in light of Section 13(3) and the Dodd-Frank amendments. Specifically:
- The History and Scope of Section 13(3) – the Fed as the "Lender of Last Resort"
- The Intent Behind Dodd-Frank Sections 1101 and 1103
- Whether the Dodd-Frank Amendments overly restricted the Fed's Authority during the COVID-19 Crisis
- The Use of 13(3) in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How does the Non-Bank Financial Sector relate to the 13(3) Authority
- Lessons Learned