Howie Schickler, co-head of Katten’s Structured Finance and Securitization practice, will participate in the "Securitization Markets: Regulatory Update" panel discussion at 10:15 a.m. on Wednesday, November 2. Panelists will address key regulations regarding Securitization Markets, with takeaways including:
- Understanding exigent circumstances, Section 13(3) of the Federal Reserve Act, and Dodd-Frank Sections 1101 and 1103.
- Being able to analyze the Fed’s actions in response to COVID-19 in light of Section 13(3) and the Dodd-Frank amendments. Specifically:
- The history and scope of Section 13(3) — the Fed as the "Lender of Last Resort"
- The intent behind Dodd-Frank Sections 1101 and 1103
- Whether the Dodd-Frank Amendments overly restricted the Fed's authority during the COVID-19 crisis
- The use of 13(3) in the COVID-19 pandemic
- How does the Non-Bank Financial Sector relate to the 13(3) Authority
- Lessons learned