As the Brexit transition period ends at the end of this month, ensuring intellectual property rights remain adequately protected is at the forefront of many of our clients' minds.
We have pulled together and answered five of our most frequently asked questions in relation to Brexit, trademarks and registered designs, including:
- Will I still have protection in the United Kingdom under my existing EU trademark (EUTM)?
- Will I have to apply for and pay for the new UK trademark?
- What happens to my EUTM application on 1 January 2021?
- What happens to my Registered Community Design (RCD) on 1 January 2021?
- What if I don’t need protection in the United Kingdom for my designs?
Tegan Miller-McCormack, a trainee solicitor in the Mergers & Acquisitions/Private Equity practice, contributed to this advisory.