Lance Zinman, global co-chair of the Financial Services practice, will moderate the panel discussion "Recent Publicity Concerning Proprietary Trading: Potential Regulatory Responses" at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, April 28. Katten partners Janet Angstadt, Christian Kemnitz and Scott Resnik will be joined by special counsel Gary DeWaal to address the following futures and securities topics:
- allegations of unfair advantages for low-latency trading strategies;
- what is next for payment for order flow, maker/taker pricing and Regulation NMS;
- newswire practices;
- dark pools;
- SEC, FINRA and CFTC enforcement update;
- US Department of Justice and New York Attorney General investigations; and
- regulatory and market structure implications.