Joshua Rubenstein, national head of the Private Wealth practice, will present "Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: Advising the Wealthy in Times of Protracted and Unprecedented Political, Economic, Cultural and Scientific Change" at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 2. The session will make observations on how difficult it has become to do estate planning and wealth preservation for high net worth clients when the rules change constantly. The panel will cover:
- tax changes around the world (as they impact one another);
- enforcement changes leading to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA);
- changes in access to information;
- changes in the nature of families; and
- changes in the frequency of intrafamily litigation.
The session also will review which changes are likely in transition, which will return to "normal" and which changes are here to stay—and how best to advise in the meantime.