Katten will host the "Tax Reform: Impact on Hedge Fund and Commodity Fund Managers and Investors" panel discussion at 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Tuesday, February 13. Wendy Cohen, co-head of the New York Financial Services practice, Jill Darrow, head of the New York Tax Planning practice, and Angelo Ciavarella, partner in the Tax Planning practice, will serve as speakers. Discussion topics will include:
- carried interests;
- 20% qualified business income deduction;
- choice of entity for fund managers;
- elimination of deduction for investment expenses;
- choice of entity for fund;
- limitations on deduction of interest; and
- sale of interests in partnerships earning effectively connected income.