Partner John S. Paniaguas will serve as a panelist in the session, “An Investor’s Guide to Conducting Critical IP Due Diligence – Will it Make or Break the Deal?” from 10:45–11:30 a.m.
The session will cover the following topics:
- Verifying Ownership, Validity and Scope of IP Rights
- Evaluating Existing and Potential Encumbrances such as Third-Party Interests and Infringement Claims
- Potential Impact of Foreign Laws on IP Value
- Due Diligence Specific to IP Asset Types such as Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights and Trade Secrets
- Necessity of IP Tools and Review of Landscape