Partners Henry Bregstein, Murray D. Schwartz and Michael S. Poster and speakers from Houlihan Smith and PriceWaterhouseCoopers will be presenting a seminar on "Valuation in 2008: Fair Value Issues for Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds and Corporate Transactions" on Wednesday, March 12 from 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. at the Penn Club of New York.
Topics will include:
- Valuation outlook - best practices for adoption of FAS 157, Fair Value Measurements
- How the new FASB rules on Fair Value Measurements will affect M&A deals for strategic and financial buyers (including hedge funds and private equity funds)
- Hedge fund valuation issues, e.g., illiquid securities, stale rated securities and structured securities (including with subprime exposures, life insurance policies and loans)
- Hedge fund redemption issues - mitigation of legal exposure
- Best practices regarding valuation policy and use of independent third party valuation