Anna-Liza Harris, co-head of the Structured Finance and Securitization practice, will participate in a panel discussion at the 21st Annual ABS East conference in Miami Beach, Florida. Anna-Liza will speak at the "Women in Securitization" panel on Wednesday, September 16 at 4:00 p.m. (ET). The panel will discuss the following topics:
- professional development and overcoming structural obstacles;
- work-life balance;
- gender-based perceptions on female potential; and
- the likeability issue—encouraging support for our female colleagues.
Additionally, Seth Messner, a partner in the Structured Finance and Securitization practice, will be a participant in the "Investing in MSRs" panel on Friday, September 18 at 2:00 p.m. (ET). Some of the discussion topics include:
- regulatory drivers and impediments;
- excess servicing rights and servicing advances;
- execution and trading;
- acquisitions and dispositions;
- valuation and performance;
- consumer and interest rate modeling and risk management;
- flow agreements vs. servicing for immediate release vs. bulk sale;
- collateral types;
- financing and using mortgage servicing rights (MSR) as a financing tool;
- retain vs. release; and
- origination trends impact.
For more information, click here.