Seth Messner, a partner in the Structured Finance and Securitization practice, will participate in the "Legal Challenges Ahead for CLOs: LIBOR Reform and Volcker" panel discussion at 3:50 p.m. on Wednesday, May 23. Panelists will discuss questions such as:
- LIBOR: Looking ahead to 2021: In what form and when will a successor benchmark rate to LIBOR be developed?
- What specific or unique features should the LIBOR transition have for CLOs versus other loan products?
- What are the pros and cons of a successor benchmark for CLOs matching those used for underlying loans?
- Is it always the right decision to match the benchmark with the underlying assets, as in the case of leveraged loans?
- What voting rights or consent rights will be associated with the switchover? How is the decision made and what level of investor engagement will be required?
- What is the outlook for potential litigation as a result of retroactively applied benchmarks?
- Volcker Rule repeal: How will it affect the banks?
- Will this impact investors and managers?
For more information on the 7th Annual Investors’ Conference on CLOs and Leveraged Loans, please click here.