Partner Anthony Paccione will speak as a panelist on "Avoiding Litigation in a Post-Madoff World" at 9:15 a.m. on Tuesday, July 20.
Topics that will be discussed by the panel include:
- What kind of activity increases the probability of a lawsuit?
- Are certain types of investors more apt to sue (retail vs. institutional, US vs. non US, etc.)?
- What to do when an investor suspects fraud?
- Creation of special purpose vehicles to house illiquid positions
- Tips for a transparent portfolio
- How to protect yourself by proper indemnification
- How utilizing an E&O and D&O policy can protect the advisor and investors from the cost of a lawsuit
- Selected case studies