We represent insurers, reinsurers, investment banks, investment managers, hedge funds, private equity funds and life settlement providers seeking to transfer and manage risk and raise capital in innovative ways. Our team advises also other financial services industry participants, including captives and cell companies, both domestically and offshore.
Comprehensive services at the intersection of insurance and capital markets
We help clients structure and implement transactions involving the convergence of the insurance business with the domestic and international capital markets. Our team can advise on:
- Closed-block financings and securitizations, including Regulation XXX reserve fundings
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of insurance businesses and insurance assets and demutualizations
- Insurance holding company structures
- Structuring and documenting mortality and longevity risk hedging transactions, synthetic guaranteed investment contracts, funding agreements, and other forms of financial and benefit-responsive products issued by insurance companies
- Preparing and negotiating reinsurance treaties and arrangements, obtaining related regulatory approvals and creating and maintain life insurance and annuity premium financing programs
- Developing life settlement securitization vehicles and Euro and global medium-term note programs for life insurers backed by funding agreements
With professionals focused on tax, corporate and securities law, we address all areas of insurance capital markets representation, including transactions involving the creation and licensing of new insurance entities. Katten can advise on insurance-dedicated funds and the structuring and documentation of hedge fund life insurance, and guide capital markets investors through regulatory compliance. We focus on the alternative risk transfer solutions associated with insurance capital markets, while our tax planning team addresses the related income issues.
The Latest Evolution in Tax-Efficient Investing for Sophisticated Investors, Family Offices, Wealth Advisors, Distributors and Alternative Asset ManagersEvent | October 29, 2018
Event | October 29–30, 2018
News | March 9, 2009