About John W. Domby
John Domby advises banks and funds on structured commercial real estate financings, with emphasis on closing new originations of floating-rate bridge loans and securitized (CMBS) loans.
CLOs, CMBS, DSTs and more
John has experience with a broad array of issues relevant to complex loan structuring, including Delaware statutory trust financing, tenant-in-common financing, historic and new market tax credit structures, reverse 1031 structures and real estate mortgage investment conduit (REMIC) issues.
John routinely handles portfolio transactions and transactions with heavy property-level diligence issues. In connection with his client's secondary-market executions, John frequently provides 10b-5 opinions for significant transactions.
- Structured real estate financing (mortgage and mezzanine)
- Rehabilitation/repositioning bridge lending
- Commercial mortgage-backed lending
- Complex loan structuring
- Represent banks and funds in commercial real estate and mezzanine loan transactions, including origination of conduit mortgage loans, bridge financing and mezzanine loans, portfolio loans, whole loan sales and modifications.
- Issue 10b-5 opinions in closing of securitization.
- Advise clients on complex loan structuring issues, including Delaware statutory trust financing, bond financing tax credit structures, various REMIC issues, Historic Tax Credit finance structures, Islamic finance arrangements and Bahamian collateral trust finance structures.
- Advise clients on establishment of warehouse lending facility for securitized lending platform. Negotiate related documentation.