About John W. Domby
John Domby advises banks and funds on structured commercial real estate financings, with emphasis on closing new originations of floating-rate bridge loans and securitized (CMBS) loans.
CLOs, CMBS, DSTs and more
John has experience with a broad array of issues relevant to complex loan structuring, including Delaware statutory trust financing, tenant-in-common financing, historic and new market tax credit structures, reverse 1031 structures and real estate mortgage investment conduit (REMIC) issues.
John routinely handles portfolio transactions and transactions with heavy property-level diligence issues. In connection with his client's secondary-market executions, John frequently provides 10b-5 opinions for significant transactions.
- Structured real estate financing (mortgage and mezzanine)
- Rehabilitation/repositioning bridge lending
- Commercial mortgage-backed lending
- Complex loan structuring
- Represent banks and funds in commercial real estate and mezzanine loan transactions, including origination of conduit mortgage loans, bridge financing and mezzanine loans, portfolio loans, whole loan sales and modifications.
- Issue 10b-5 opinions in closing of securitization.
- Advise clients on complex loan structuring issues, including Delaware statutory trust financing, bond financing tax credit structures, various REMIC issues, Historic Tax Credit finance structures and Islamic finance arrangements.
- Advise clients on establishment of warehouse lending facility for securitized lending platform. Negotiate related documentation.
January 14, 2020
January 8, 2020
January 24, 2019
January 25, 2018
January 20, 2017