Partner Lawrence Levin will speak on "Shareholder Proposals and Corporate Governance" at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, January 12.
Topics of the conference include:
- The Division of Corporation Finance organizational structure and processes
- SEC staff review practices, priorities and initiatives
- Hot-button disclosure items
- Lessons learned after the second year of the new executive compensation disclosure requirements
- Corporate governance hot topics
- Compliance topics faced by auditors, audit committees, and independent directors
- Forecast for the 2009 shareholder proposal season
- How to understand and work with a public company's investor base
- Hot-button accounting issues affecting financial disclosures
- The lawyer's ethical responsibilities
- The nuts and bolts of planning the annual meeting
- Practice points from the faculty
For more information, click here.