Joel Weiner, a partner in the Litigation, Entertainment and Media practices, will co-present "Hot Issues in Entertainment" workshops at 8:00 a.m. (PT) on Friday, March 2, and 11:30 a.m. (PT) on Saturday, March 3. The workshops will focus on topical entertainment litigation issues, including:
- recent litigation and court decisions in right of publicity law;
- legal issues in films and television series inspired by actual events;
- litigation over portrayals of celebrities in fictionalized docudramas;
- use of historical footage of celebrities in creative works;
- fair use defenses to copyright infringement claims;
- increased use of morals clauses in Hollywood contracts in the wake of recent scandals; and
- high-profile music copyright infringement claims (e.g., the pending Blurred Lines case).