About Evan S. Borenstein
Evan Borenstein's transactional-oriented corporate law practice is driven by more than two decades of experience in various industries and sectors and across many different deal types and structures. He assists companies, funds, family offices and high-net-worth individuals in a wide range of financings, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), investments, restructurings and other corporate transactions.
Versatile transactional counsel
Evan's broad transactional portfolio focuses on financings (including credit facilities, term-loan financings and secured and structured financings), M&A activity and corporate restructurings. His practice covers the entire life cycle of a business, from guiding a startup venture in fundraising and organizational matters to assisting seasoned companies with corporate governance issues. His past restructuring work includes both out-of-court negotiations and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Evan also advises entrepreneurs, start-ups, sponsors and funds on many forms of investments, including investments involving mezzanine debt, convertible securities and preferred and common equity. For a number of privately held businesses, he also serves as an outside general counsel, advising on matters including commercial contracts, corporate governance and capital raising. Evan also is well-versed in cross-border transactions and works with clients and their counterparties in various international jurisdictions.
"New York's Evan Borenstein is 'a terrific resource and a trusted partner, who consistently provides high-quality, practical advice and gets quickly to the heart of the matter'."
The Legal 500 United States 2019
(M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)) survey response
- Corporate reorganizations and restructurings
- Private equity and venture capital transactions
- General corporate advice
- Represented coal company in $1.2 billion strategic merger.
- Represented a private equity buyer in $70 million acquisition of controlling interest in phone accessory distributor.
- Represented a private equity buyer in $1.3 billion acquisition and subsequent disposition of interest in telecommunications company. *
- Represented contract electronics manufacturer in $4.8 billion strategic merger transaction. *
- Represented telecommunications technology company in $780 million spin-off transaction and $80 million sale of subsidiary. *
- Represented sellers in $2 billion disposition of dietary supplement foods manufacturer. *
- Represented selling shareholders in $75 million sale of controlling interest in oilfield services company. *
- Represented private equity sellers in $150 million sale of electrical equipment manufacturer. *
- Represented borrower in $2.1 billion syndicated revolving credit and term facility, $1 billion senior notes issuance, and $1.7 billion syndicated term loan acquisition financing facility. *
- Represented borrower in $600 million syndicated term loan facility. *
- Represented borrower in $650 million syndicated term and revolving loan acquisition financing facility. *
- Represented originator in $700 million trade receivables securitization and $300 million global trade receivables securitization. *
- Represented numerous originators in bilateral receivables purchase agreements and factoring transactions. *
- Represented industrial manufacturer in out-of-court restructuring and new senior secured credit facilities. *
- Represented media company in debt for equity swap implemented via a pre-packaged bankruptcy proceeding and subsequent sale of the company through a series of strategic asset sales. *
- Represented coal company debtor in debtor-in-possession financing and recapitalization transaction. *
- Represented private equity buyer in liquidating agency transactions. *
- Represented senior lender in exit credit facilities in connection with merger of airlines and upon emergence from chapter 11. *
- Represented indenture trustee in chapter 11 and out-of-court restructuring transactions. *
- Represented acquiror of refining assets from a chapter 11 debtor in a 363 asset purchase transaction. *
March 16, 2023
August 11, 2022
June 13, 2022
January 26, 2022
December 7, 2021
November 1, 2021
September 3, 2021
December 12, 2019
September 12, 2019
- View All News
Presentations and Events
November 24, 2020363 Asset Sales in Chapter 11 — All You Need to Know — The Turkey, Stuffing, Potatoes and even Dessert too ($2)Speaker
October 1, 2014The Deal's "M&A Perspectives" video seriesPresenter | Acquisition Finance Trends
November 12, 2009International Association of Young Lawyers Seminar – International Lending: Hot Finance and Tax Law IssuesPresenter | Nuts and Bolts of Lending Transactions and Documentation