Three Katten Health Care attorneys will present during IPMI's 2017 Healthcare Law & Compliance Institute. Partner Michael Callahan will present "Think Tank Session: How Participation in a PSO Improves Quality Outcomes, Reduces Liability Risks and Enhances Reimbursement" on Sunday, March 5 at 2:45 p.m. Discussion topics will include:
- Current environmental overview of expected payor i.e., Medicare/ACO, quality outcomes, including MACRA
- Update on regulatory and case law developments interpreting the scope of privilege protections under the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005
- Recommended implementation steps to maximize confidentiality and privilege protections under state law and the Patient Safety Act
- Accreditation, licensure and liability implications for non-compliance with quality outcome measures
Partners Ken Davis and Laura Martin will co-present the "Conducting an Effective Internal Investigation: Tools to Avoid Potential Qui Tam Filings and Developing Effective Enforcement Responses" session on Monday, March 6 at 9:15 a.m. The session will cover:
- Steps health care providers can take to prepare for the inevitable: sound compliance policies, investigation protocols and emergency response plans
- How to determine who needs to be involved: roles and responsibilities of legal, compliance and management
- Key considerations for scoping, planning and documenting the investigation
- Investigational interview best practices
- Appropriate resolution: root cause analysis, corrective action and reporting considerations
For more information, click here.
To view the presentation slides for "Conducting an Effective Internal Investigation: Tools to Avoid Potential Qui Tam Filings and Developing Effective Enforcement Responses," click here.