About Jerry L. Hall
Bankruptcy requires skill, creativity and a little nerve to find the best outcome. With more than two decades navigating distressed situations, Jerry Hall helps his clients choose a way forward and obtain the results they need, whether that's saving more than 2,000 jobs for distressed retail debtors or recovering critical funds for a creditor client.
Grit and creativity in distressed situations
In and out of court, Jerry helps secured lenders, indenture trustees, debtors-in-possession, committees, distressed debt investors, lessors and troubled companies in bankruptcy and insolvency-related litigation. He represents clients across industries, including real estate, retail, manufacturing, gaming and hospitality, aviation, life sciences, telecommunications and finance. Jerry advises on financial and operational restructurings throughout the United States and in Puerto Rico.
- Bankruptcy, restructuring and insolvency-related litigation
- Receiverships and equity foreclosures
- Intercreditor disputes
- Equitable subordination
- Substantive consolidation
- Debt and equity recharacterization
- Debtor’s counsel to a fund in its Chapter 15 case.
- Debtor's counsel to specialty airline offering business class-only service to London in Chapter 11 case.
- Debtor's counsel to developer and manufacturer of meniscus implant products in Chapter 11 case.
- Debtor's counsel to owner/operator of Puerto Rico hotel and casino in Chapter 11 case.
- Debtor's counsel to manufacturer of lumber and wood products in Chapter 11 case.
- Represent national bank, as secured lender, in eight related dairy farm Chapter 11 cases.
- Represent mezzanine lender in Chapter 11 case of multi-debtor real estate developers, including related substantive consolidation and intercreditor litigation.
August 1, 2018
January 10, 2019
May 4, 2018
December 18, 2017
Second Circuit Adopts Narrow Interpretation of Trust Indenture Act Provision Intended to Protect BondholdersJanuary 23, 2017
January 19, 2017
No Longer Running With the Land: Sabine Court's Non-Binding Opinion May Alter Playing FieldJune 2016
March 16, 2016
Don't Settle a Preference Case on the Basis of Unpaid New ValueJanuary 2014
Presentations and Events
Puerto Rico in CrisisSpeaker | Current Topics in Public and Private Sector Restructurings and BankruptciesMay 14, 2014