(CHICAGO) Katten announced today that 75 attorneys were named to The Legal 500 United States 2022 guide. The firm was also recognized as a "Top Tier Firm" in the Structured Finance: Securitization category and recommended in 20 practice areas.
Partners Mark R. Grossmann and Bruce G. Vanyo were selected to The Legal 500's "Hall of Fame" for being widely regarded as elite partners at the very top of their professions. Grossmann, partner and head of Business Transactions, was included in the M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million) category for the second year in the row. Vanyo, leader of the Securities Litigation practice, was named in the "Hall of Fame" in the Securities Litigation: Defense practice area for the first time.
Additionally, partners Michael J. Diver, Timothy J. Lynes and Allison C. Yacker were all selected for The Legal 500's elite "Leading Lawyers" list, which spotlights true market leaders in the sector. Diver, head of Katten’s Chicago Securities Litigation practice, was named to the Securities Litigation: Defense category; Lynes, chair of the Aviation Finance practice, was listed in the Transport: Aviation and Air Travel - Finance table; and Yacker, co-chair of the Investment Management and Funds practice, was recognized in the Alternative/Hedge Funds category. Associate Brett J. Seifarth was selected as a "Rising Star" for the second consecutive year for making major contributions in the Transport: Aviation and Air Travel - finance practice area.
The following practice areas are ranked and the following attorneys are mentioned by name for their standout contributions to respective practices in The Legal 500 United States 2022 guide:
- Corporate Investigations and White-Collar Criminal Defense – Daniel J. Collins, Levi J. Giovanetto, Ryan J. Meyer, Scott A. Resnik, Gil M. Soffer, Sheldon T. Zenner
- Financial Services Litigation – Gregory S. Korman, Stuart M. Richter
- General Commercial Disputes – David A. Crichlow, David L. Goldberg, Anthony L. Paccione, Gil M. Soffer, Sheldon T. Zenner
- Securities Litigation: Defense – Christina L. Costley, Michael J. Diver (Leading Lawyer), Bruce G. Vanyo (Hall of Fame)
- Commercial Lending – Jan Harris Cate, Michael A. Jacobson, Derek F. Ladgenski, Glen K. Lim, Stuart P. Shulruff, Jennifer I. Wolfe
- Financial Services Regulation – Gary DeWaal, Susan Light, Lance A. Zinman
- Restructuring (Including Bankruptcy): Corporate – Terence G. Banich, Craig A. Barbarosh, Michael E. Comerford, Michaela C. Crocker, William B. Freeman, Cindi M. Giglio, Jerry L. Hall, Stephanie Hor-Chen, Geoffrey King, Peter P. Knight, John E. Mitchell, Steven J. Reisman, Shaya Rochester, Marc B. Roitman, Peter A. Siddiqui, Julia M. Winters
- Structured Finance: Derivatives and Structured Products – Daniel J. Davis, Gary DeWaal, Kevin M. Foley, Carl E. Kennedy
- Structured Finance: Securitization – Claudine A. Chen-Young, Chris DiAngelo, Stephen B. Esko, Anna-Liza B. Harris, John P. Keiserman, Howard Schickler, Joshua J. Yablonski, Stanford Renas
- Healthcare: Service Providers – W. Kenneth Davis Jr., Lisa Atlas Genecov, Joseph V. Willey
- Sport – Adam R. Klein, Daniel H. Render, Benzion J. Westreich
- Transport: Aviation and Air Travel – Finance – Stewart B. Herman, Timothy J. Kirby, Timothy J. Lynes (Leading Lawyer), Brett J. Seifarth (Rising Star)
- Copyright – Karen Artz Ash, David Halberstadter, Floyd A. Mandell, Deepro R. Mukerjee, Joel R. Weiner
- Trademarks: Litigation – Kristin J. Achterhof, Karen Artz Ash, Deepro R. Mukerjee, Floyd A. Mandell, Terence P. Ross
Investment Fund Formation and Management
- Alternative/Hedge Funds – Henry Bregstein, Wendy E. Cohen, Allison C. Yacker (Leading Lawyer), Lance A. Zinman
M&A/Corporate and Commercial
- M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million) – Christopher S. Atkinson, Mark R. Grossmann (Hall of Fame), Gregory Hidalgo, Kimberly T. Smith, Mark S. Solomon, J. David Washburn, Victor B. Zanetti
- Venture Capital and Emerging Companies – Christopher S. Atkinson, Matthew S. Brown, David S. Kravitz, Daniel H. Render, Jeffrey R. Patt
Media, Technology and Telecoms
- Media and Entertainment: Litigation – David Halberstadter, Zia F. Modabber, Tami Kameda Sims, Leah E.A. Solomon, Joel R. Weiner
- Media and Entertainment: Transactional – Scott C. Cutrow, Michael S. Hobel
- Real Estate – David R. Dlugie, Alvin Katz, Timothy G. Little, Mark C. Simon
- US Taxes: Non-Contentious – Valentina Famparska, Saul E. Rudo
The Legal 500 analyzes the capabilities and assesses the strengths of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research program revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The rankings are based on a series of criteria and highlight the practice area teams that are providing the most cutting edge and innovative guidance to corporate counsel. Research is based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivaled experience in the legal market.