About Victor B. Zanetti
Victor Zanetti represents private equity funds, family offices and venture capital growth funds in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and corporate finance transactions. He also assists founders and owners of privately held businesses in selling to private equity funds and strategic buyers. Vic also advises owners of professional sports franchises in a variety of matters.
Private equity experience in key industries
Vic represents private equity funds in connection with acquisition, follow-on and sale transactions for portfolio companies involved in various industries, including manufacturing, professional sports, business services, health care services, industrial services and other service industries.
Vic is engaged regularly as special counsel to founders and owners in negotiating retained equity stakes when selling their businesses to financial buyers. He also represents both investment funds and recipient public companies in private investment in public equity (PIPE) transactions, involving convertible debt, convertible preferred stock, warrants and related investments.
- Private equity
- Professional sports
While at a prior firm, represented:
- private equity funds in acquisition, follow-on and sale transactions for portfolio companies involved in various industries, including manufacturing and sales, business services, health care services, and industrial services.
- growth-oriented private equity firm in acquiring a provider of environmental solutions and industrial services, a manufacturer of super-premium branded pet food products, a strategic litigation support partner (including subsequent add-on acquisitions of two peer companies, a subpoena and document service, and a court reporting company), and a provider of auto auction services (including subsequent add-on acquisitions of two peer companies).
- growth-oriented private equity firm in the disposition of a manufacturer of premium branded pet foods, a movie theater chain, an eating disorder treatment center and an addiction treatment center.
- private companies in obtaining venture capital and bank financings, and in sale transactions to strategic or financial buyers. Negotiated terms of retained ownership positions for owners selling to private equity funds.
- owners in sale of a walk-in urgent care clinic chain.
- owners in sale of a physical therapy company.
- owners in sale of a provider of interventional and non-interventional solutions for pain.
- owners in sale of a residential waste management services provider.
- owners in recapitalization of a gelato chain.
- owners in recapitalization of a provider of communications platforms for businesses.
- owner/manager of sports franchises in the sale of two MLS franchises, expansion of a stadium and acquisition of an ECHL minor league hockey franchise.
- premium supplier of home textile products in acquiring certain assets from a textile and finished goods company.
- majority owners and board of an MLB franchise in a joint venture for an entertainment district and hotel complex development.
- leading prepaid payment network in acquiring various companies in the corporate, retail, and employee gift and reward cards marketplace.
- investment funds and recipient public companies in PIPE transactions involving convertible debt, convertible preferred stock, warrants and related investments.
February 7, 2018
February 5, 2018
Presentations and Events
October 24, 2018
M&A Representations and Warranties Insurance: Effective Tools and Tactics to Mitigate Risks in Closing the DealJuly 12, 2018
Accounting and Dispute Resolution Implications of Representations and Warranties InsuranceApril 5, 2017
The Dallas Chapter of Alliance of M&A Advisors (AM&AA)November 7, 2013