About Leah E.A. Solomon
Leah Solomon focuses her practice on entertainment, media and class action litigation.
Litigation in the entertainment industry takes real talent
Leah advises and represents both individual and entity clients on a variety of matters including copyright, trademark and trade dress infringement as well as contract disputes related to music royalties and publishing. She also deals with litigation involving defamation, invasion of privacy claims, false advertising, film finance and many other areas.
In addition, clients seek Leah's assistance with cases of unfair business practices and consumer class actions, both within and outside of the entertainment industry.
Leah is also the co-coordinator of Katten's Pro Bono Adoption Program, which is run in partnership with Public Counsel.
- Defend recording artists and songwriters against contract claims by royalty participants.
- Represent partner in music publishing business in litigation involving royalties.
- Represent major record label and recording artist in putative consumer class action claiming fraudulent and unfair business practices.
- Counsel in achieving early dismissal of claims for invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress and award of attorneys’ fees through a successful anti-SLAPP motion in a case against a television production company charged with filming in a private residence without permission.
- Represented major record label in four related putative class actions brought by recording artists and producers alleging breach of contract and unfair competition claims related to digital royalties. *
- Counsel in achieving dismissal of a copyright infringement action against the authors and publisher of a book by a well-known recording artist and songwriter. *
June 21, 2019