About Leah E.A. Solomon
Leah Solomon focuses her practice on entertainment and media litigation.
Litigation in the entertainment industry takes real talent
Leah advises and represents both individual and entity clients on a variety of matters including copyright, trademark and trade dress infringement as well as contract disputes related to management and agency commissions and music royalties and publishing. She also deals with litigation involving defamation, invasion of privacy claims, false advertising, film finance and many other areas.
Leah is also the California co-chair of Katten's Pro Bono Program and the co-coordinator of Katten's Pro Bono Adoption Program, which is run in partnership with Public Counsel, the largest pro bono public interest law firm in the world.
- Defend against claims of copyright infringement based on company’s use of recorded music on social media sites.
- Represent songwriter and major record label against claims of copyright infringement.
- Defend recording artists and songwriters against contract claims by royalty participants, managers and agents.
- Represent partner in music publishing business in litigation involving royalties.
- Represent major record label and recording artist in putative consumer class action claiming fraudulent and unfair business practices.
- Counsel in achieving early dismissal of claims for invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress and award of attorneys’ fees through a successful anti-SLAPP motion in a case against a television production company charged with filming in a private residence without permission.
- Represented major record label in four related putative class actions brought by recording artists and producers alleging breach of contract and unfair competition claims related to digital royalties. *
- Counsel in achieving dismissal of a copyright infringement action against the authors and publisher of a book by a well-known recording artist and songwriter. *
* Experience prior to Katten
August 18, 2022
June 8, 2022
November 22, 2021
August 19, 2021
May 7, 2020
November 27, 2019
June 21, 2019
January 26, 2022
Presentations and Events
February 23-25, 2022Facilitator | Hot Issues in Anti-SLAPP and Other Legislation