About Michaela C. Crocker
Michaela Crocker helps clients navigate through the most complex Chapter 11 cases, both traditional and pre-negotiated. Over her career, she has managed plan negotiations, asset sales, debtor-in-possession financing, leases and executory contracts, preference and fraudulent transfer matters, and bankruptcy appeals.
Sophisticated counsel rooted in the ability to see the big picture
Clients from across the country rely on Michaela’s deep experience and business-oriented approach. She regularly represents debtors, creditors, Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 trustees, and creditors' committees with insolvency matters that range in complexity. Michaela is well versed in the unique needs of clients in the retail, telecommunications and energy sectors.
Michaela served as a law clerk to the Honorable Barbara J. Houser of the US Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, allowing her to work closely with bankruptcy judges in Texas and beyond. While in law school, she served as articles editor of SMU Law Review.
- Chapter 11 proceedings
- Financing, leases and executory contracts
- Asset sales
- Bankruptcy appeals
- Represented more than 100 affiliated debtors in a pre-negotiated Chapter 11 case based on a debt-for equity exchange that was confirmed within 75 days of case filing. *
- Represented debtors in the liquidation of one of the largest retail furniture chains in Texas. *
- Represented the Chapter 11 trustee of a holding company that owed non-debtor operating subsidiaries engaged in telecommunications and media businesses in the United States, Virgin Islands, Martinique and Guadeloupe. *
- Represented multiple debtors subject to mass tort liability seeking to establish asbestos trusts under Section 524(g) of the Bankruptcy Code. *
October 1, 2020
September 21, 2020
Presentations and Events
Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy Bench-Bar ConferencePresenter | Best Practices – First Day Motions and HearingsFebruary 22–24, 2012
Southern District of Texas Houston/Galveston Bench Bar ConferencePresenter | Bankruptcy Case Law ReviewJune 21–22, 2012
13th Anniversary Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference | State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Law SectionPanelist | Judges and Law Clerks PanelApril 19, 2019
Bankruptcy Workshop | Federal Bar AssociationPresenterNovember 2013
American College of Bankruptcy Circuit ReviewContributor2011–2012
Shifting Sands: Claims Transfer FocusCo-author | University of Texas Advanced Business Bankruptcy Seminar2003
Sarbanes-Oxley—Key Bankruptcy Related IssuesCo-author | Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section2002