Katten is pleased to sponsor Mifid II for Brokers, which will bring together key figures from the European broking community to discuss the challenges and opportunities within Mifid II, share the latest thinking on ESMA's technical standards and identify the key areas of concern.
Partner Nathaniel Lalone will participate in the discussion "New Boundaries: Fragmentation and New Venues" at 2:40 p.m. on Tuesday, September 9. The panel will answer the following questions:
- What will a post-Mifid II landscape look like?
- Where do the boundaries between different categories of venues lie?
- How will equivalence operate across Europe and beyond?
- What tools are available to mitigate the fragmentation?
- What operational challenges does open access pose?
Also on Tuesday, partner Carolyn Jackson will participate in the discussion "Clearer Waters: Transparency and Best Execution" at 4:00 p.m. The panel will answer the following questions:
- How is Mifid II seeking to increase transparency for derivatives?
- What operational challenges are in the transparency requirements?
- How will market surveillance be impacted?
- How should best execution be calculated for illiquid instruments?
- How is trade cost analysis achieved for exchange-traded derivatives?
For more information, click here.