Partner Gil Soffer will participate in a panel discussion on “Corporate Monitors” at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3. The session will review the Department of Justice’s requirement that a company settling a corporate crime case agree to the appointment of a monitor, and answer the following questions:
- Under what circumstances should a monitor be appointed?
- Who should select the monitor?
- What should be the scope of the monitor’s duties and how long should the monitorship last?
- How should the monitor be paid?
- What steps should the monitor take to change the corporate culture that resulted in the commission of crimes?
For more information, click here.