Katten will host the panel discussion "Recent Publicity Concerning Proprietary Trading: Potential Regulatory Responses" at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 6. Partners Janet Angstadt, Christian Kemnitz, Scott Resnik and Lance Zinman will be joined by special counsel Gary DeWaal as they address the following futures and securities topics:
- allegations of unfair advantages for low-latency trading strategies;
- what is next for payment for order flow, maker/taker pricing and Regulation NMS;
- newswire practices;
- dark pools;
- SEC, FINRA and CFTC enforcement update;
- US Department of Justice and New York Attorney General investigations; and
- regulatory and market structure implications.