Katten will present the NACD webinar, "Rising Risks of Securities Litigation," at 2:00 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, February 13. Litigation partners Christina Costley and Jonathan Rotenberg, and Securities Litigation partner Richard Zelichov, will discuss rising risks associated with securities litigation, including topics such as:
- The historically high number of securities cases being filed, both in absolute numbers and as a percentage of the number of public companies
- The 1933 Act cases filed in state and state/federal courts after Supreme Court ruling in Cyan and forum selection provision litigation
- Scaling back on judicial notice/incorporation by reference, and how companies need to deal with this new reality
- The proliferation of books and records litigation, leading to derivative and merger cases that are more difficult to get dismissed
- Duty of oversight with sharper teeth
For more information, click here.