Health Care partner Ken Davis will present the "Spot the Issues: Is Your Medical Business Operating Legally?" session at SIS 2017 conference on Saturday, July 22 at 4:30 p.m. The presentation will explore:
- the ACA "60-day rule" for reporting and returning of overpayments;
- Stark Law: the prohibition (and state law analogues), in-office ancillary services ("IOAS") exception, and non-monetary compensation exception;
- Medicare anti-markup rule for diagnostic tests;
- "radar screen" issues for physician groups who focus on treating pain;
- transactions with physician practice management companies ("PPMCs"); and
- mergers and acquisitions of physician groups.