Katten attorneys Claudia Callaway, Christina Grigorian and Genus Heidary will present "Solar Energy and Consumer Financial Protections" on Friday, March 17 at 12:00 p.m. (ET). Direct consumer access to clean energy alternatives means that lead generators, installers, finance companies and their investors must consider the federal and state consumer protection laws that apply to solar finance contracts. The presentation will discuss:
- state licensing for lead generators, installers and finance companies: from brokering to lending to purchasing loans;
- the "ABCs" of installation finance contracts: Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B, Electronic Fund Transfer Act and Regulation E, Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z;
- the Dodd-Frank Act's Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Standards;
- compliance management systems: policies, procedures and the culture of compliance; and
- case studies examining recent federal and state enforcement actions in the solar industry.
Click here to view the presentation slides.