Katten attorneys will participate in the panel discussion, "The Weakest Link: Where Is the Achilles Heel of Your Cybersecurity Program?" on Tuesday, June 9 at 4:00 p.m. (ET). Moderated by Wendy Cohen, a partner in the Financial Services group, the panel will include: Alan Brudner, a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution group; Gary DeWaal, special counsel in the Financial Services group; David Dickstein, a partner in the Financial Services group; and Doron Goldstein, co-head of the Privacy, Data and Cybersecurity group. The session will address the following:
- elements of an effective assessment of internal and external cybersecurity threats;
- developing appropriate policies and procedures;
- cybersecurity evaluation of third-party service providers;
- enlisting staff and client buy-in through training and education; and
- limiting the damage: reporting, responding and litigating if a breach occurs.