Laura Keidan Martin, national head of the Health Care practice, will join other industry professionals to present a webinar on Monday, January 30 at 12:30 p.m. (ET). The webinar, "Valuation Issues Related to Clinically Integrated Networks and ACOs," will provide an overview of the common issues and pitfalls related to start-up funding, capitalization, provider participation, incentive distributions, and sale of equity/membership interests in ACOs and CINs.
Discussion topics include:
- Regulatory considerations driving the need for CIN business valuations and fair market value analysis for ACO/CIN financial relationships.
- The elements of a sound ACO/CIN business valuation analysis, including revenue production capabilities, comparables and intangible asset values.
- The compliance risks of hospital/health system funding of a CIN start-up and operating costs and strategies for mitigating those risks.
- Common fair market value and commercial reasonableness questions and pitfalls related to CIN physician compensation and incentive distribution methodologies.
- Ways that the new administration's potential approach to Affordable Care Act initiatives and value-based purchasing in general may impact CIN valuation and compensation issues.
To view recording, click here.