Jill Darrow, a partner in the Tax Planning group, will participate in a discussion on Friday, February 5 at 9:00 a.m. (ET). The panel, "Transactions Involving Real Estate – Practical Solutions to Everyday Problems" will explore like-kind exchanges, leasing transactions and capital gain planning. The session will address the following topics:
- reverse and related party exchanges, parking transactions, build-to-suit exchanges, tenancy-in-common issues;
- structuring like-kind exchanges involving partnerships where some partners want cash instead of property;
- true leases;
- stepped or deferred rent;
- leasehold improvements, landlord work letters and other inducements;
- lease terminations;
- dealer issues;
- converting ordinary income into capital gains; and
- deferring gain recognition.
For more information, click here.