Representing today's commercial real estate developer requires a detailed understanding of every phase in the lifecycle of a project. Katten's Real Estate department combines a broad knowledge of local markets with the business acumen and legal sophistication to provide creative solutions that protect our clients' interests while advancing their business goals.
A national perspective
With 120 attorneys spread among the most important US real estate markets, our perspective is as broad as the entire country, yet as narrow as each individual locality. We have the know-how, sophistication and experience to bring this perspective to the full spectrum of real estate opportunities, from the most complex mixed-use projects to stand-alone industrial, retail, office, residential and special spec developments. We collaborate seamlessly across all offices, giving our clients access to resources and business-savvy counsel nationwide. From this national platform, we shepherd our clients' projects from acquisition to permitting to construction to occupancy and beyond.
We offer broad-based experience in all phases of development, including:
- Acquisition, planning, conversion and construction
- Assembling and structuring project teams (investors and other equity, project, asset and construction managers and contractors)
- Land use entitlements and public-private partnerships
- Contract negotiation and documentation
- Due diligence review
- Construction-related work
- Acquisition, development, construction and long-term financing
News | August 1, 2019
Publication | August 9, 2018
Publication | May 14, 2018
News | January 31, 2018
Event | November 14, 2017