About Seth R. Madorsky
Real estate developers, investors and operators who face uniquely complex challenges often turn to Seth Madorsky to provide strategic advice. Whether the challenges arise from complex structuring needs, sophisticated counterparties or multiple stakeholders with competing interests, or working with real estate assets within highly regulated industries, Seth is known for his practical advice and sure-handed management of his client's affairs.
From idea to investment to operation
Seth's clients work with him not only for his business-smart handling of complex and often heavily structured transactions, but also for his judgment and breadth of knowledge and experience.
Clients often seek Seth's counsel when considering forays into new markets or investment types, and then rely on him in bringing their new investment strategy to fruition. Seth brings together colleagues in tax, securities, environmental and other practice areas to present his clients with a formidable team to tackle substantive, market and operational challenges.
"Seth Madorsky's recent experience includes high-profile real estate developments. Peers describe him as 'very practical,' and note his ability to 'step into difficult negotiations and refocus everyone on what really matters.'"
Chambers USA 2019
(Illinois, Real Estate) survey response
- Real estate development (including data centers, airport parking and senior living)
- Fund formation
- Programmatic investing
- Joint ventures
- Seed investments in real estate technology companies
- Sponsor equity investment
- Industrial and retail leasing
- Represented one of the nation’s largest off-site airport parking company, which operates approximately 40 parking facilities adjacent to airports throughout the country, in the sale of the company through an auction-sale process.
- Represented a company that develops, owns and operates senior living communities in the $450 million sale of its rental property portfolio.
- Represent a philanthropic individual in the formation of a real estate investment fund sponsor that closed its second fund with more than $400 million in committed capital.
- Represented a joint venture of senior living community investors and operators in the disposition of a portfolio of licensed and regulated senior living communities across several states.
- Represented a real estate development company in the formation of a $400 million joint venture with a state pension fund.
- Represented a real estate development company in a 99-year ground lease and data center development with a Fortune 500 public company.
- Represented a national hospital system in the sale/leaseback of a portfolio of hospitals in multiple states and in forming a joint venture with a university to own and operate a hospital and research center.
- Represent a real estate developer and operator in the negotiation of more than 100 office and retail space leases in more than 16 office buildings located throughout downtown Chicago.
- Represent an institutional investor in leasing 387,000 square feet of industrial space to a third-party logistics provider.
- Represent a realty group in the leasing and development of a build-to-suit warehouse facility in West Chicago.
January 25, 2024
August 17, 2023
January 24, 2023
August 18, 2022
January 28, 2022
January 29, 2021
June 16, 2020
January 29, 2020
April 25, 2019
- View All News
Presentations and Events
January 18–20, 2017Participant | Opportunities and the Economics of Deals Within Alternative CRE Asset Classes: A Roundtable Discussion
January 20–22, 2016Moderator | Millennials: The Next Big CRE Investment Opportunity? & Jumping on Untapped Potential Within the Baby Boomer Market
October 6–7, 2014Speaker