Partner Michael Callahan will make a pair of presentations on Thursday, April 30. The first, "Disruptive, Aged & Impaired Physicians Legal Updates" at 1:30 p.m. (ET), will focus on the following areas:
- defining what is disruptive and impaired behavior;
- main impediments to addressing unprofessional behavior;
- components of successful policies;
- legal standards;
- joint commission and bylaw standards;
- data bank and state reporting requirements;
- negligent credentialing/malpractice issues;
- confidentiality and HR employment issues;
- after care issues; and
- how to respond to third-party inquiries.
The second presentation, "Legal Updates: NYS Cases and Statutory Developments" at 3:30 p.m. (ET), will cover the following topics:
- hospital governing boards;
- what practitioners can be appointed as members of hospital medical staff;
- options to create a single, unified and integrated medical staff in a multi-hospital system;
- hospital board and staff interactions;
- medical staff voting processes;
- options to create a separate medical staff;
- serving different patient populations and other unique circumstances;
- impact on bylaws;
- who can order hospital outpatient services;
- Tibbs v. Bunnell; and
- a guide to the National Practitioner Data Bank.
To view both presentations' slides, click here.
For more information, click here.