Partner Benzion J. Westreich will moderate a panel discussion on "The “Deal Maker” Panel – Current Real Estate Investment Realities (Debt and Equity)" on October 4 during the 2011 Benjamin S. Crocker Symposium. Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP's Real Estate Practice is a sponsor.
The discussion will include impacts on debt and equity real estate investment decision-making resulting from global market events, foreign and domestic governmental actions/inactions and policies and the evolving needs of the private sector (with a particular focus on the last). Some questions to be addressed:
- What effects did the decision on the "Debt Crisis" have on interest rates and inflation expectations and strategic planning?
- What has happened to the "equity" on the sidelines?
- How easy or difficult is it to raise fund money?
- Do we have a window on how debt will be structured (construction and short/long term)?
- What returns are being sought on debt and equity and is there any room left for mezzanine debt?
- What is happening/will happen for residential/multi-family development on the one hand, and hotel, retail and office investment on the other?