Partner Michael Callahan will speak on “Achieving Medical Staff Greatness – The Role of Trustees and Management” at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 24.
Topics of the conference include:
- What the board and senior executives need to know about preserving, protecting and defending your mission, vision and values when faced with the new organizing rules
- Health care reform
- Opportunities for hospitals in hard times
- The how of high performance
- Leading your community to the next level of health: urban and rural models
The presentation provides some best practices for managing medical staff, including:
- screening applicants for medical staff membership;
- maintaining a quality medical staff;
- establishing peer review standards and procedures;
- understanding Data Bank reports; and
- establishing good relations among medical staff.