Floyd Mandell, National Co-Chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice, was selected as the exclusive winner of the 2011 Client Choice Award for Intellectual Property in the United States by the International Law Office (ILO), an honor recognizing him as the top intellectual property attorney in the country. ILO is an international online media partner to the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), the world's largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
Established in 2005, the annual ILO Client Choice Awards recognize attorneys and law firms who stand apart for the excellent client care they provide and the quality of their service. The Client Choice Awards are unique in that firms and partners may be nominated by corporate counsel only. The shortlist is determined by an independent ILO subscriber survey of corporate counsel, as well as additional research and detailed interviews conducted by ILO's in-house research team. Winners are assessed on criteria including quality of legal advice, commercial awareness, effective communication, billing transparency, response time, sharing of expertise and use of technology. This year's winners were chosen from more than 2,000 nominations worldwide.
Mr. Mandell is featured in the ILO Client Choice Guide 2011, which is available online now.
Below is a sampling of comments some of the firm's large corporate clients provided to ILO regarding why they nominated Mr. Mandell and why they've chosen to use Katten.
- “Floyd is, hands down, the most responsive lawyer you will ever meet. Not only in the sense of responding quickly to questions, for which he is phenomenal, but also in the sense of responding to the ever-changing needs of business.”
- “Floyd has always been willing to think outside the box when it comes to legal work or billing arrangements. He is a true partner to our business, and a world-class lawyer.”
- “Floyd is tremendously responsive and establishes an excellent rapport with clients, colleagues and opposing counsel. He understands the business and commercial aspects/goals of the business and works effectively to accomplish those objectives.”
- “He is my favorite outside counsel. No one gives greater service and attention to his clients. He is a true expert in all areas of intellectual property law, and can quickly give an opinion and cite case law off of the top of his head in support.”
- “He has an excellent manner in court and is well respected by judges. His legal writing in briefs is always top notch. He attempts to have a cordial and professional relationship with the other side, and will triumph based on the merits—rather than employing "scorched earth" or some other kind of base tactic.”
- “He is the only outside counsel who we would fly to handle litigation in another city, rather than hiring a local person. He has handled numerous difficult cases for us and has obtained stellar results.”
- “Floyd Mandell sets the standard against which I judge all other outside counsels. He solves problems quickly, efficiently, cost-effectively, and with a minimum of business disruption. What more can a client ask for?”
- “He is remarkably responsive, and possesses not only deep legal knowledge, but also a strong awareness of the practical ramifications of a legal question. His creativity, dedication and top-notch communication skills allow him to arrive at pragmatic and efficient solutions to daunting problems (often problems that have already stymied other lawyers).”