About Christopher M. Locke
Christopher Locke has the right experience and knowledge to guide health care entities through transactions that affect their businesses. His decades of involvement in a variety of transactions allow him to explain deal terms in ways that are meaningful to clients. Whether he's representing a professional practice, hospital system, management company or medical device manufacturer, he is able to understand and negotiate terms to accomplish their strategic goals.
Trusted advisor for major transactions
Health care entities trust Christopher with major transactions relating to their businesses. Deals that he works on regularly include purchases and sales of professional practices by private equity-backed entities, hospital system acquisitions, joint ventures and other arrangements with professional practices, other hospital systems and universities and fundraising for nonprofessional entities. Negotiating and drafting these sometimes-complex agreements are just one aspect of Christopher's work. He is a trusted advisor, in part, because he provides as much business insight as legal counsel.
Many of Katten's health care clients rely on Christopher to serve as their outside general counsel, as his broad industry knowledge gives him the insight to advise management and boards of directors on a range of issues. Clients also turn to him for sensitive government investigations, benefiting from his experience as a former special agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Health care transactions
- Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse and other regulatory matters
- Corporate, securities and employment issues related to health care industry clients
Health care transactions
- Represented urology practice in Tennessee in a sale transaction with a private equity fund-backed management entity.
- Represented ambulatory surgical center in Maryland and its owners in the sale of 60% of its outstanding equity to a national management company.
- Represented management company and affiliated urgent care practice in New York in its acquisition by a private equity fund. *
- Represent management company in its formation, financing and affiliation with a fertility practice in California and New York.
- Represent national hospital system in a joint venture with a university medical center with respect to a rehabilitation hospital in New Mexico.
- Represent national hospital system in the acquisition of assets and assumption of operations of a rural hospital in Oklahoma.
- Represent seven Colorado oncology groups in combining into one entity.
- Represent teletherapy provider in negotiating payor contracts and regulatory issues.
- Represented large physician practice in New York in its acquisition by a hospital system. *
- Represented small public health care company in numerous PIPE rounds, Exchange Act reporting and an uplisting from OTC to NASDAQ. *
- Represent start-up telemedicine device manufacturer in its formation, numerous rounds of equity and debt financing, and numerous commercial agreements with vendors and distributors.
- Represented start-up virtual security device developer in its formation, numerous rounds of equity financing and commercial agreements with vendors and distributors. *
- Represented CLIA laboratory in its defense against a qui tam anti-kickback investigation. *
May 31, 2017