About Elliott M. Bacon
Elliott Bacon helps clients in the financial services industry facing litigation and enforcement, white collar matters, internal investigations and other complex commercial litigation. He also represents and advises clients in a variety of securities, antitrust, and regulatory matters. He has extensive experience relating to swaps, futures and other complex derivatives; the equities markets, including short selling and stock lending; and cryptoassets.
Excellence in litigation and investigations
Elliott's practice includes defending financial services clients in class action litigation as well as in investigations and enforcement proceedings before financial regulators, such as the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and FINRA. He brings with him a deep understanding of financial products and trading practices.
Elliott graduated first in his class from the University of Illinois College of Law, received the Rickert Award for Academic Excellence, and received 11 CALI Awards for Excellence. During law school, Elliott was the executive production editor of the University of Illinois Law Review, a research assistant to Professor Laurie Reynolds, a teaching assistant for Property and Legal Writing, and a judicial extern for the Honorable Blanche M. Manning of the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Elliott also was a judicial clerk for the Honorable Joan H. Lefkow of the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Financial services litigation, regulation and compliance
- Antitrust litigation and investigations
- White collar and internal investigations
- Securities litigation and enforcement
- Represent large swap dealer and futures commission merchant in antitrust class action and related litigation and regulatory investigation involving swaps trading.
- Represent large prime broker in antitrust class action and related litigation involving equities trading.
- Represent former CEO of publicly traded company in securities class action, related litigation and related regulatory investigation.
- Represent privately held company in law enforcement investigation and antitrust class action.
- Provide advice on domestic and international law enforcement and regulatory inquiries relating to cryptoassets.
January 28, 2022
August 19, 2021
July 7, 2021
January 29, 2021
August 20, 2020
January 29, 2020
January 25, 2018