About Ethan E. Post
Ethan Post focuses his practice on private merger and acquisition transactions. He is well-versed in representing both buyers and sellers in these transactions. He also provides counsel on corporate governance and other general corporate matters. All of these range across a variety of industries, including private equity, home services, technology, higher education services and health care.
Guiding clients through mergers and acquisitions from start to finish
Ethan has significant experience in managing entire client transactions. In the past year, Ethan has taken the leading role in several key mergers and acquisitions. He regards his practice as one of problem-solving for the client — whatever the issue. He starts by learning a client's goals and discussing how to achieve them. Then he drafts and negotiates the necessary contracts to accomplish these goals.
In 2015, Ethan successfully completed the Fullbridge Program. While in law school, he served on the editorial board of the Virginia Journal of Law and Politics.
- Private equity
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Health care
- Represented private equity client in sale of nutritional supplements portfolio, including pre-closing carveout of retained health and wellness brands.
- Represented private equity client in acquisition of new portfolio company in the clean beauty products industry.
- Represented international property management company in acquisition of United States multi-family property manager.
- Represented home services provider in establishing serial acquisition program and several acquisitions under that program.
- Represented chemical and oilfield technology company in several acquisitions and the divestiture of a specialty chemical plant.
- Represented international student recruitment company in establishing and modifying relationships with universities in the United States.
- Represented battery and charging company in sale of solar panel division to global recreational and mobile living company.
- Represented private equity-backed trial and expert services firm in acquisition of jury consulting and visual communications business.
- Represented mortgage servicing company in complex two-step investment and sale transaction to a large industry player.
- Represented private equity-backed hospice company in several acquisitions.
- Represented private equity funds and certain of their portfolio companies in acquisitions, "add-on" and exit transactions in various industries.
- Represented Nasdaq-listed commercial bank in a follow-on equity offering of 448,500 shares and a secondary sale of 1,899,959 shares, having an aggregate offering price of $150 million. *
- Represented a Dow 30 company in the amendment and extension of a $7.5 billion 364-day credit facility, a $5 billion five-year credit facility and a $1.75 billion letter of credit facility. *
- Represented a leading, worldwide retailer in its offer and sale of ¥70 billion aggregate principal amount of its 0.183% notes due 2022, ¥40 billion aggregate principal amount of its 0.298% notes due 2024, and ¥60 billion aggregate principal amount of its 0.520% notes due 2027 in an SEC-registered, underwritten offering. *
- Represented a Dow 30 company in its cash tender offer of $5.5 billion aggregate principal amount of notes in an SEC-registered, underwritten offering. *
- Represented dairy processor in an equity recapitalization in which an international private equity investment firm became an equity holder. *
- Represented a specialty chemical company in the sale of one of its production facilities and related assets. *
- Represented public real estate company’s largest stockholder in a proxy contest seeking board representation and a commitment to pursue a sale of the company. *
March 11, 2022
August 19, 2021
August 20, 2020