About Ethan E. Post
Ethan Post focuses his practice on a broad range of corporate and securities matters. He is particularly well-versed in working on either side of private merger and acquisition transactions. He also provides counsel on corporate governance, private equity issuances, financing transactions and other general corporate matters. All of these range across a variety of industries, including technology, health care and private equity.
Guiding clients through mergers and acquisitions from start to finish
Ethan has significant experience in managing entire client transactions. In the past year, Ethan has taken the leading role in several key mergers and acquisitions. He regards his practice as one of problem-solving for the client — whatever the issue. He starts by learning a client's goals and discussing how to achieve them. Then he drafts and negotiates the necessary contracts to accomplish these goals. These contracts thus encapsulate the problem and his solutions to them.
In 2015, Ethan successfully completed the Fullbridge Program. While in law school, he served on the editorial board of the Virginia Journal of Law and Politics.
- Private equity
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Health care
- Represented Nasdaq-listed commercial bank in a follow-on equity offering of 448,500 shares and a secondary sale of 1,899,959 shares, having an aggregate offering price of $150 million. *
- Represented the seller of water and wastewater treatment assets. *
- Represented real estate developer and service provider in establishing a $50 million credit facility secured by single-family properties and the repayment of an existing loan. *
- Represented a global financial technology company in acquiring a leading provider of gift card commerce. *
- Represented a Dow 30 company in the amendment and extension of a $7.5 billion 364-day credit facility, a $5 billion five-year credit facility and a $1.75 billion letter of credit facility. *
- Represented a leading, worldwide retailer in its offer and sale of ¥70 billion aggregate principal amount of its 0.183% notes due 2022, ¥40 billion aggregate principal amount of its 0.298% notes due 2024, and ¥60 billion aggregate principal amount of its 0.520% notes due 2027 in an SEC-registered, underwritten offering. *
- Represented a Dow 30 company in its cash tender offer of $5.5 billion aggregate principal amount of notes in an SEC-registered, underwritten offering. *
- Represented dairy processor in an equity recapitalization in which an international private equity investment firm became an equity holder. *
- Represented private equity funds and certain of their portfolio companies in acquisitions, “add-on” and exit transactions in various industries. *
- Represented a specialty chemical company in the sale of one of its production facilities and related assets. *
- Represented group of urgent care centers in their sale to a national urgent care network. Included extensive pre-closing reorganization of the selling group. *
- Represented private companies in significant equity capital raises across various industry sectors, including financial services technology, cloud computing and medical technology. *
- Represented public real estate company’s largest stockholder in a proxy contest seeking board representation and a commitment to pursue a sale of the company. *