Partner Michael Callahan will present “Fundamentals of Hospital Medical Staff Issues: Minimizing Risk and Maximizing Collaboration” at 3:05 p.m. on Monday, November 4 and again at 11:40 a.m. on Tuesday, November 5. The session will address the following topics:
- The medical staff’s relationship to the hospital.
- The function and overview of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies.
- Laws and accreditation standards that apply to the medical staff including Medicare Conditions of Participation, HCQIA, Data Bank and confidentiality statutes.
- Peer review investigations, remedial action, hearings and litigation.
- The impact of health care reform and industry changes on the medical staff/hospital relations, including physician employment, ACOs and economic credentialing.
To view the presentation slides, click here.