About Harold C. Davidson
Harold Davidson is the go-to advisor for a variety of transaction practice matters, from the routine to the most complex strategic transactions and creative joint-venture structures. Harold's is a global practice, which covers a wide range of matters involving mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, special-purpose acquisition companies, startups, joint ventures and structured finance arrangements.
Inquisitive and incisive approach drives creative solutions
Learning about his client's needs and desired outcomes drives Harold's approach to helping them navigate complex business transactions, including private and public mergers and acquisitions, principal and private equity investments, securities offerings, joint ventures, restructurings, and structured finance arrangements. As a thorough, adaptable counsel and strategic advisor, Harold frequently represents public and private companies in corporate finance and governance matters, and private equity and venture capital firms on investments in public and private companies.
With a cross-border practice, Harold works with clients doing business in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, India, Colombia, Luxembourg and the Cayman Islands. He understands the needs of established businesses, entrepreneurial startups and investment-driven clients and has experience working with them in a variety of industries, including financial institutions, media and entertainment, technology and information security, alternative energy, alcohol beverage, health care and real estate.
- Private and public mergers and acquisitions
- Principal and private equity investments
- Joint ventures
- Corporate governance
- Special-purpose acquisition companies (SPAC)
- Represented a global financial institution in creation of a joint venture to finance $2 billion of commercial, residential and community solar energy systems. *
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of multiple craft breweries and brewpubs to form one of the largest independent brewers in the US. *
- Represented a for-profit medical school in its sale to a private equity backed global healthcare education company. *
- Represented a publicly traded healthcare system company in connection with numerous acquisitions and dispositions of physician practices and other healthcare related businesses. *
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its investment in, and then subsequent divestiture of, a luxury jeans company. *
- Represented a family owned investment vehicle in connection with its acquisition of a NY based provider of staffing and consulting services. *
- Represented lead investor (and former athletic star) in connection with Major League Soccer expansion franchise matters. *
- Represented a premier global digital asset trading platform in connection with the closing of its Series B investment round at a valuation of over $300 million. *
- Represented a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in its $270 million acquisition of a direct-to-home pay-TV provider in India. This transaction represented one of the largest US media investments in India. *
- Represented a special purpose acquisition company, in its $300 million acquisition of a leading agribusiness player in Africa with activities in Morocco and Sub-Saharan Africa. *
- Represented a special purpose acquisition company, in its $350 million acquisition of a market leader in providing access to premium pet services. *
January 18, 2023