Katten will present the "Have We Finally Reached Our Limits? CFTC Proposes New Position Limits Rules in Effort to End Decade-Long Saga" webinar at 11:00 a.m. (ET)/10:00 a.m. (CT) on Friday, February 14. Financial Markets and Funds partners Kevin Foley and Carl Kennedy, special counsel Gary DeWaal, and associate James Brady will discuss the CFTC's latest proposal to amend its position limit rules, including key points such as:
- adoption of speculative limits on spot month positions for 16 commodity futures, including 5 metals, 4 energy, and 7 agricultural futures, and speculative limits on spot and non-spot month positions for 9 "legacy" agricultural futures;
- effects of these limits on positions in swaps, futures and options that are economically equivalent or linked to the 25 commodity futures;
- expanded list of enumerated bona fide hedges to cover additional hedging practices;
- streamlined process for addressing requests for non-enumerated bona fide hedge positions; and
- elimination of Form 204 and portions of Form 304.
To view event materials, click here.
Please note that CLE is available for this program. For more information, contact Beth Knapp.