Katten will present the "How to Develop or Expand a Family Office, Including Into Direct Investing" program at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 18. Katten panelists will include Henry Bregstein, global co-chair of the firm’s Financial Services practice; David Kravitz, head of the New York Corporate practice; and Kathryn von Matthiessen, partner in the Private Wealth practice. The panel will discuss:
- important family office considerations before the sale of a private business;
- reasons to form a family office;
- types of family offices and appropriate size, staffing issues and outsourcing alternatives;
- business and tax considerations in forming and structuring a family office; and
- how to build a successful direct investing program as defined by your individual goals and willingness to dedicate resources.
For more information, contact Beth Knapp.