Health Care partner Michael Callahan will co-present the "NPDB Review and Reporting—Am I Responsible?" session at the IAMSS 2017 Education Conference on Thursday, May 18 at 3:45 p.m.
The presentation will examine:
- investigation versus routine peer review;
- resignations while under an investigation;
- if the NPDB requires that a practitioner needs to be informed that they are under an investigation;
- is a leave of absence a reportable resignation;
- professional review activity;
- professional review action;
- is the imposition of a proctoring requirement reportable;
- do hospitals in a multi-hospital system need to make separate queries;
- whether or not a voided Data Bank report must be destroyed;
- is the payment of a medical malpractice claim raised in a patient’s complaint letter reportable to the NPDB; and
- whether or not all malpractice settlements are reportable.