Partner Michael Callahan will present the webinar “Impact of Health Care Reform on Provider Liability” at 1:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 20. The program will:
- Provide an overview of how health care reform is increasing a provider’s liability risk, including medical malpractice and negligent credentialing.
- Discuss OIG and DOJ investigations and other efforts to enforce quality standards.
- Identify the legal claims, including antitrust, breach of contract, civil rights and various tort claims resulting from a decision to deny or terminate membership on a medical staff, ACO or clinically integrated network based on non-compliance with utilization and quality metrics.
- Identify steps to maximize confidentiality and privilege protections under state and federal law for sensitive quality, peer review and risk management activities.
- Provide recommendations, including the use of credentialing and quality audits, to limit liability exposure.
To download the presentation materials, click here