Health Care partner Michael Callahan will co-present "Impact of the HHS PSO Guidance on Advancing Quality and Maximizing Privilege Protections With a PSES Policy" program as part of the PSO Partner Learning Series on Tuesday, June 21 at 12:30 p.m. (CT). The presentation will discuss the need for hospital administrators and other providers to reassess, and possibly, recalibrate the design of their respective patient safety evaluation systems (PSES) in response to recent guidance from the Health and Human Service Department's (HHS) Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). Topics include:
- an overview of the HHS guidance;
- the impact of PSO cases and the guidance on PSES design;
- observations by in-house counsel in response to the Guidance;
- recommendations for maximizing federal privilege protections; and
- getting started on and improving PSES.
For more information, click here.
To view the presentation slides, click here.