About Julia M. Winters
Julia Winters has deep experience in helping clients through the entire lifecycle of the bankruptcy litigation process — from negotiations and mediation, through trial and prosecuting appeals. For more than 15 years, she has built a reputation for providing sound counsel to a wide array of creditors and debtors.
Seasoned litigator with an analytical approach
Focusing her practice on bankruptcy and commercial litigation, Julia has represented creditors and debtors in several high-profile chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and provided counsel on commercial litigation matters in both federal and state court. The perspective she brings from covering bankruptcy litigation as an analyst for Bloomberg Intelligence and Reorg Research is highly valued by clients.
Julia served as a law clerk to the Honorable Elizabeth S. Stong of the US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York. She was the executive articles editor for the Brooklyn Journal of International Law and taught legal writing at Brooklyn Law School as an adjunct professor for several years.
- Chapter 11 proceedings
- Distressed debt investing
- Commercial litigation
- White collar investigations
- Represented an indenture trustee in a breach of contract action against Intralot Capital Luxembourg S.A. in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a hospitality group that owns and operates multiple restaurant chains in connection with purchasing substantially all of the assets of the Maison Kayser debtors.
- Represented independent directors in the Gulfport Energy Corporation, Mallinckrodt plc, and Seadrill Limited bankruptcy cases.
- Represented an unsecured notes indenture trustee and official committee member in the Nine West bankruptcy. *
- Represented a significant creditor in the Claire’s bankruptcy. *
- Represented creditors in the LightSquared bankruptcty. *
- Represented creditors in the ResCap bankruptcy. *
- Represented creditors in the bankruptcy of Salander Galleries. *
May 24, 2023
March 16, 2023
August 11, 2022
June 8, 2022
December 3, 2021
June 10, 2021
October 29, 2020
Presentations and Events
June 10, 2022Panelist