About Julia M. Winters
Julia Winters has deep experience in helping clients through the entire lifecycle of the bankruptcy litigation process — from negotiations and mediation, through trial and prosecuting appeals. For more than 10 years, she has built a reputation for providing sound counsel to a wide array of creditors and debtors.
Seasoned litigator with an analytical approach
Focusing her practice on bankruptcy and commercial litigation, Julia has represented creditors and debtors in several high-profile Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and provided counsel on commercial litigation matters in both federal and state court. The perspective she brings from covering bankruptcy litigation as an analyst for Bloomberg Intelligence and Reorg Research is highly valued by clients.
Julia served as a law clerk to the Honorable Elizabeth S. Stong of the US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York. She was the executive articles editor for the Brooklyn Journal of International Law and taught legal writing at Brooklyn Law School as an adjunct professor for several years.
- Chapter 11 proceedings
- Distressed debt investing
- Commercial litigation
- White collar investigations
- Represented an unsecured notes indenture trustee and official committee member in the Nine West bankruptcy. *
- Represented a significant creditor in the Claire’s bankruptcy. *
- Represented creditors in the LightSquared bankruptcty. *
- Represented creditors in the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy. *
- Represented creditors in the ResCap bankruptcy. *
- Represented creditors in the bankruptcy of Salander Galleries. *
- Represented creditors in the bankruptcy of the L.A. Dodgers. *
October 29, 2020